Boombah Tsunami

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 11, 2014
Pa
2 kids on my team have the 2014 model. They seem ok. My 10u dd swung one a couple times. She said she liked it, but she likes her cf7 we just got better. One of the heavy hitters on the team has one and she has been destroying the ball with it. We haven't been outside yet, just in the batting cages at our indoor practice area.

Apr 24, 2015
My daughter just hit with her 2014 model for the first time today. I assumed it would need some break in hits but she wanted to use at practice straight off the ups truck. She loved it and was hitting much further than with her previous bat. My wife had never heard of the bat and thought maybe I had bought a juiced bat. Truthfully my daughters old bat had been slowly loosing it's pop so I can not provide any direct comparison .

Sep 6, 2012
Just found out about this bat today. It's the only carbon 2 piece -12 bat I've seen at that low of a price. The Demarini Vendetta -12 is so popular it is never on sale anywhere.

Carbon quality from overseas has made huge advances in the past 2 years alone. I'd be willing to put one to the test on our 8U and 10U travel teams. Seems girls using the Vendetta -12 have a better batting average and more contact than even the -11 CF6 & CF7 most teams love so much in the younger divisions.

I have no qualms advertising for a company that will give you a shot at putting live swings in on a demo bat. Would even be willing to return it or drop ship it to the next coach in another region if Boombah would see the value in it.

It's done all the time in mountain biking (my sport). Demo bikes are sent to a local shop and on to the next continually so folks have a shot at real world input.

Mar 29, 2012
Girl on our team got one (-10) at bat wars last year and is still using it. She hits well and the ball comes off it fast, seems in the same range as the blue and white 2 piece legit that another of our girls swings.

Oct 13, 2015
They had a booth at a tournament and actually let you try a demo bat during the game. A girl on team used and loved it, so her dad bought it. A year later my daughter, who uses a cf7, needs a bigger bat. She tried the bat her teammate bought and has hit better than she ever had before. I'm looking into buying her one now. They have the 14 model for just $99 now and the 15 for $199. I've heard it's built as well as top name bats just without the big name and price.

Aug 12, 2014
Illinois
DD's 12u coach picked one up for his daughter for a tourney last summer around 139. She led the tourney in hits and has used ever since. Honestly, that girl could probably use any Walmart special bat and still lead team. Often wondered if she was using a more proven bat would she hit better? Bat does have strange crack sound if mis hit.

Dec 4, 2015
Bought this bat last week for my 8yr old daughter and she loves it. The bat is very light but powerful and has a good pop on contact. We have three different size bats within our team since we bought them at the same time and we can all see the difference it makes.

my daughter had been struggling at her at bats being late on her swing and is now squaring up nicely. would definitely recommend it for $100 2pc composite you cant beat it.