Bonehead Coaching Move

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 3, 2009
Yesterday I was doing our normal pre-game with the 9u team and we were at the point of doing groundballs with the infielders behind second and my first baseman beside me at first. Bad throw from the infielder which is heading toward me and like I have done a thousand times stupidly (but have gotten away with it) I put out the bat to stop the ball. Usually I knock it down at my feet...wellllll this time I foul it up and in the meantime my first baseman had moved over to catch the ball and I fouled it right into her mouth. Needless to say I felt hoooooorrrrrrrible. I will never, ever reach my bat out again and will just let the ball go. Just posting to potentially save somebody else from my bonehead move. Good news is she played extremely well and I bought her an ice cream after the game but I still feel bad as I type this now!

Mar 13, 2010
Aw AndyS you poor thing! Poor her! Live and learn.

Mine is more a playing bonehead but my primary school (elementary school) couldn't get a girls cricket side together for knock-out so my softball teacher/coach brought us together and went 'Right girls, the school needs a cricket team, only two girls tried out, we're learning cricket!' Training and one of the girls who played (who played on weekends and thankfully was a bowler as the three softball pitchers in the team flat out refused to even contemplate bowling. Even at 11/12 we'd all worked too hard on our pitching to do the opposite motion!) put an aboustle screamer to me, standing two feet away. Caught it as I would a softball. One handed. With no glove on. One of my friends still does an incredible impression of me after taking that catch. Screamed the school down apparently.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00