Anyone else feel the Diamond balls at PGF this year are duds?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 9, 2018
Texas
So is this thread basically saying "We need more home runs for it to be a good game?" I would think balls that stay in the park would make for better gameplay.

Aug 15, 2021
I started the post more to confirm my observations not to complain. I asked my pitcher DD more about the ball this morning and she said the seams were good and she didn't have any complaints. She preferred these over Colorado :) I did have our power hitter parents complaining about the balls.

Oct 4, 2018
My DD didn't complain about the seams. When she doesn't complain, I definitely don't say anything to put ideas into her head. The texture seemed pretty normal. Just when hit hard, they sounds a bit like a mush ball. Specs on the ball were all standard. This was the same with all balls we used in 6 games.

We've been in a few tourneys lately like that.

We all watch so many games - we know how the girls hit and how the ball sounds. When you see any girl crush one and it sounds wrong and is just a fly out, it makes you wonder.

Dec 19, 2021
Yeah, our girls have been mentioning it since the weekend prior to PGF when we had a SoCal friendly and used PGF- stamped Diamond balls. They said they felt like mush and they just don't come off the bat hot at all. They can small- ball it so not a big deal but tough for the power hitters who end up just hitting fly ball outs.

Aug 5, 2022
Yep…. We’ve hit a few home runs but you’ve really got to barrel these balls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 8, 2016
1-0 scores in the first games of AFCS champ series in both 16U and 18U..must be using the same balls 😂

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
I watched the Rock Gold vs Bandits game last night. Ended up being a bunt fest with aggressive base running. Rock Gold were hitting line drives but not like the Infield pop ups going over the fence in Colorado. Note: lots of slappers were out of the box.

Anyone that was out there, did y'all see any Bombs being hit?

Not gonna lie, going from last year's Platinum champs to this year's Premium Champs is a nice accomplishment...even with the best teams at Chino Hills. :LOL:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad