Anyone else feel the Diamond balls at PGF this year are duds?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 15, 2021
We have been playing with Diamond balls at PGF Nations during week one and they seem like real duds. When hit they don't sound like the typical balls we regularly play with, even when barreled up. I am sure there have been some home runs, but I have yet to see one after watching quite a few games, which is pretty unusual at 16U level. Anyone else have the same experience?

May 13, 2023
We have been playing with Diamond balls at PGF Nations during week one and they seem like real duds. When hit they don't sound like the typical balls we regularly play with, even when barreled up. I am sure there have been some home runs, but I have yet to see one after watching quite a few games, which is pretty unusual at 16U level. Anyone else have the same experience?
How are the seams and texture?

Aug 15, 2021
How are the seams and texture?
My DD didn't complain about the seams. When she doesn't complain, I definitely don't say anything to put ideas into her head. The texture seemed pretty normal. Just when hit hard, they sounds a bit like a mush ball. Specs on the ball were all standard. This was the same with all balls we used in 6 games.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Diamond balls are not a hard and lively as Baden balls used in Colorado and they get soft faster. Those Baden balls are rocks. Foul balls that hit the cement soften and make a total different sound. Crack vs thud. It's been more humid than normal in SoCal this week too so balls seem heavier.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
They're definitely different than the Baden balls, that's for sure.

My daughter prefers Dudley SB-12 balls to anything else, so maybe she's just picky.

Jan 21, 2020
I'd agree. Balls that were barreled up were still well shy of the fence.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad