12u feedback

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 4, 2009
I've posted vids of her before and received some good suggestions and comments.
This is my 10yo DN and she is entering her second year of 12u and I'm interested in some suggestions
And critiques of where we can

Slomo change

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I am sorry, but this young lady is leaping. I would have to start her all over, if she came to me. I am wondering if you mean that she is in rec ball? I don't want to sound harsh, but there isn't any other way to put it.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
For a 10YOA kid, she is doing very well. I don't see that much to work on. She leaps (as you know). I probably would try to stop her from "throwing her glove" to the left when she pitches. It would be better to keep her glove on a line between her shoulder and the plate. She needs to be pulling the glove down toward her leg (not slapping her leg, but lightly touching her leg).

But, those are really minor items. At her age, I'm not sure how much I would be doing with her form. The big stuff (body position and arm movement) are good.

IMHO, she and you need to work on control. No one wants to work on control because it is boring and repetitive. But, the truth is that the real difference between pitchers is control.

Get her where she can throw strikes at will, and she'll be pitching a lot. The more mound time she gets, the better she'll become.

Mar 3, 2010
Suburb of Chicago, IL
Good start. Looks to be a strong girl. One item that I see is that she turns her pivot foot prior to pushing off. If you look at the drop slow-mo video and watch her pivot foot, her first move is to turn it about 45 degrees and then push off... then her foot comes off the ground. This turn of the foot prior to push off could be contributing to the leap. Perhaps one of those power push gadgets that are on Hillhouse's site (Scroll down and look for power push) would help address the issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish