10yo DN

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
First, good work. She is light years from where she was before. Her form looks pretty good I'm really impressed. She is doing a fabulous job of hiding the ball. Many kids are horrible at showing the batter the ball.

What I see is a lack of consistency. She is 10YOA, so of course she hasn't had a lot of reps.

She needs lots of reps and encouragement to throw the ball as hard as she can. I would be very careful in monkeying around with her form much until she gets many more reps. If she truly loves to pitch, I would have her practice as much as she can and work exclusively on the fastball and change-up. Give her a year, and then start teaching a breaking pitch.

On something besides pitching, don't let her catch the ball one handed. Here is why: During a game, a girl will be on 3rd base and see that your DD catches with one hand. That player will steal home on your DD because your DD won't be able to get the ball out of the glove fast enough.

You have to start now with making her do the little things. Perfection is made from doing a bunch of little things, and perfection is no little thing.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
On something besides pitching, don't let her catch the ball one handed. Here is why: During a game, a girl will be on 3rd base and see that your DD catches with one hand. That player will steal home on your DD because your DD won't be able to get the ball out of the glove fast enough.

AWESOME "POINT" Sluggers...flamethrower speaking of POINTS... I love the way she is finishing in the side view....almost perfect with the glove...needs to hold it up just a little higher...I tell my DD to POINT the ball at the catchers head at the same time she POINTS the her index glove finger at the umps head when she launches foot POINTED at the dug out, and stick it in the catchers glove and hold the POINT with glove until ump makes his call...this is for protection, and will stop the swiming.... she is real close to it !!! Another thing is her drag foot is bowling...POINT the laces to the catcher when draging... Might as well start POINTING the everything,because you will be POINTING the fingers to all kinds of different places as you start learning movement on the ball:{))

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish