Youth Catchers Mitt

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 26, 2019
Thank you! Kinda the same way I feel about my 33” JCV-22, a somewhat smaller mitt that’s ALL deep pocket!

Thanks again Towny!
The double heel break makes it seem a little bigger I guess? Fastpitch catchers mitts always feel a little weird to me anyway - so different t than their baseball counterparts.

Sep 3, 2019
My daughter had the Vinci & never liked it no matter how much we broke it in. I got her a Bradley and she loved it immediately. It’s a good glove for that age group and it seems well made and easy to break in.

May 6, 2015
bear to break in, but AS CMW3000 or CMW3001 once broken in should work, DD started using her first one at 10, catching girls in the fifties was too much for her Mizuno PRospect mitt.

May 6, 2015
is it fully broken in? was a little big for DD to handle at first, but once really broken in the residual stiff ness and her increased hand strength (form working to close it in practices and catching pitching lessons) allowed her to control it.

May 6, 2015
I honestly couldn't imagine a 10 or 11 year old girl using a CMW3000 or 3001, unless she's a REALLY big 10 or 11 year old!
DD (at the time on smaller size, but not tiny, but certainly not big) needed something that protective, kept getting thumb stingers, even with a inner catching glove (there is another interim idea that might extend life of her current mitt while next one is slected and broken in).

Dec 15, 2019
DD (at the time on smaller size, but not tiny, but certainly not big) needed something that protective, kept getting thumb stingers, even with a inner catching glove (there is another interim idea that might extend life of her current mitt while next one is slected and broken in).

I have been looking at those. I remember a post here a month or two ago about them.

Dec 15, 2019
I honestly couldn't imagine a 10 or 11 year old girl using a CMW3000 or 3001, unless she's a REALLY big 10 or 11 year old!

She just turned 11, still playing 10u and only about 4'6" so I think I'm going to go the route of one of the smaller mitts for the next year or two.

Oct 27, 2017
That’s a really important question that deserves a proper answer! I’ve never personally handled a 32.5” Fortus, I do however have a 33” Vinci mitt here and it’s plenty big enough for a 12” ball. I know, not the answer you’re looking for!

Anyone here own a 32.5” Fortus that can answer this man?
Great glove, DD started with the Fortus at 10U and used it through first year 12U (12" ball) no problems. The only reason she gave it up was a new Custom Vinci Limited.
The Fortus has great padding, plenty of pocket for a 12" ball and is easy to break in.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles