"You can't arch pitch!"....Or can you?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 25, 2019
That's what the coach said to his pitcher in a middle school game I just called. The only way the pitcher could get the ball across the plate.was to pitch it like an old timer in a beer league game. She dropped quite a few in there for strikes. The other coach questioned if those are legal pitches and I said they were. Was I wrong? Or can a pitcher throw a game like it was slow pitch?

May 17, 2012
Yes, you can, in all rule sets. Had a pitcher that would throw her eephus pitch and it looked like slow-pitch softball.

I should clarify you still have to follow all the standard pitching rules. By doing so it looks a little weird sometimes.

Some coach braver than me would make a pitcher use that as her primary pitch mixed in with fastballs.

Mar 1, 2013
Closest I ever got to being tossed as a player - I was pitching in a work league SP game. I'm "not getting the calls" (read, "couldn't hit water if I fell out of a boat"). Anyway, our coach/team manager yells out, "Throw strikes, Eddie!" (very helpful advice, I know). I just blurted out, "I am, but blue doesn't see it that way". Blue gave me a long stare, then gave a huge belly laugh and we continued. Not sure if I got better but the other team started swinging the bats at least.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00