Write your own crazy question to the forum here...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Tired of reading posts like, "Should my DD hold the softball in her hand or her elbow"?

Get some payback by posting your own question...Here is mine:

My 11 YOA DD throws 68 mph and has a great curve-riseball. In yesterday's game, she hit her thigh so hard with her glove that it fractured her femur. The riseball had a lot of lift, so it came up and hit her jaw, breaking out several teeth. She also herniated several discs when she fell on the ground screaming in pain.

The ER doctor suggested immediate hospitalization, but the guy hauling the trash from the concession stand said that she should "walk it off", so we took her home and put her in an ice bath. Unfortunately, she caught pneumonia

She has an important rec league Halloween tournament this weekend. If we give her Advil before the game, do you think she will still be able to pitch?

halskinner

Banned
May 7, 2008
We've had some unusual posts lately from Crazy Daddies (and, I admit, I was one once), so here is the post that I'm waiting for:

Now wait just a minute. I know this story is BS because Advil is one of the banned substances. I was buyin it til that point.

Hal:rolleyes:

Jan 7, 2009
Left Coast
. . .so, last night, my DD and I were out pitching on the trampoline. I had attached a three pound shotput to her throwing hand with duct tape (overload principle, ya know--more is ALWAYS better) I had her hooked up to a system of ropes, pulleys and trusses that allow me to force her hips to turn while bumping forward, simultaneously rotating her hand inward and snapping her fingers up to put back-sidespin on the ball. She used the tramp to extend her leap to sixteen feet, then, with the help of the pulley system, threw a 93 mph (I'm extrapolating here, based on the insurance damage estimates) rise curve that broke UP 14 inches and Left 10 inches before reversing direction and dropping right into my mitt for a strike. The pitch broke four of my fingers, tore out the webbing of my glove, and the ball traveled the remaining 60 feet to the fence, punched a hole through, and killed my neighbor's dog before breaking the pump on his hot tub. DD complained that the ankle weights she was wearing were giving her a rash, and she was having a tingling sensation in her fingers right below the bungee straps. I reminded her that the only whine I wanted in that backyard was cabernet, and got her right back up on the ladder to that trampoline. Tomorrow, we're moving up to the 7 pound shotput and adding the weight vest.

So here's my question. Do 8U travel teams pitch from 30 or 35 feet?

Sep 3, 2009
I reminded her that the only whine I wanted in that backyard was cabernet...

So here's my question. Do 8U travel teams pitch from 30 or 35 feet?

Oh pleeeez... nobody drinks Cabernet anymore. :rolleyes: Try some Pinot Noir.

And to answer your question, the good ones pitch from 43'.
Anything less is rec ball :cool:

Jan 15, 2009
"If I superglue the barrel of my Purple and white Easton Stealth back to the handle should I save it for games?? Or is it okay to use for bp??

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd