Worth Amp?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 3, 2011
Any intel on this bat?

My DD has grown a bit since the fall and to my chagrin, is ready to part ways with last year's 29/18. Perhaps Daddy was being short-sighted, but I honestly thought it was a 2-year purchase. She grabbed a house 31/21 at the cages the other day and was crushing the ball. It was an aluminum Michelle Smith labeled bat that was at least 8 or 9 years old.

I was thinking maybe a 30/20 or 30/19 would be a better option, but she really wants a 31-inch bat, so she has so far settled on the Worth Amp (-12). She's 55" or 56" tall and weighs a little over 80 lbs. She's a bit tall for 8, but although she's strong, I wouldn't consider her a big kid.

Dec 11, 2009
don't know anything about the amp, but the price at $60 and under seems about right. not sure it really matters what specific bat an 8 yr old is swinging cuz most haven't refined their swing and don't have much bat speed squeeze incremental benefit from a better bat. i'd say just go with the bat that feels most comfortable to her.. also, a 31 inch seems a bit big for most 8yr olds.

Jul 26, 2010
The new cat osterman is a -11 I believe, and is in about the same price range. My daughter has one for batting cage work since it's the same weight and balance as her composite.

31 seems really long for an 8 year old, my 12 year old swings a 31, she's about 5'1

-W

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32