Worth 454 Legit Comp

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 18, 2011
Interested in any reviews of this bat. I have to say I'm pretty confused. Looks like the -10 454 is a two piece bat but the -9 is a one piece? Is that correct? Also lots of different colors of 454s floating around. Was watching the UT game on t.v., and some girls had white/orange 454s, some maroon 454s, some blue. Anyway, looking for general feedback. Thanks.

Dec 7, 2011
And which one is the closest to a CF5 Insane? (end-loaded that is)

The school my DD wants to go to uses the 454 and next years bat as a HS senior I would logically get her one of those (to wean her off the CF5....)

Mar 29, 2012
Heard they are good bats but never sene one in person or swung one. They look t have great pop when watching college though.

the colors represent the drop i believe. The white with orange leters is the -10 the orange bat is 2012 -8, marron is 2013 -9, black with green letters 2012 -9.

At least I think I got those right. You would need to look at the lineup of 2012 and 2013 to see what drop is what color.

Jun 18, 2010
29dad, our team is a worth sponsored team. Most of the girls on the team are 14. Most swing the -10 454 which is the white/orange bat. One girl has the -9 454 which is the maroon bat. My DD has both the -10 454 white/orange bat, and the -10 454 Legit which is the blue/gray bat.

Here she is swinging the -10 454 white/orange

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2010
Here she is swinging the 454 Legit -10 blue/gray

The white/orange seems to be a one piece composite and the blue/gray is clearly a two piece composite. IMO, the blue/gray Legit is closer to the feel of the 2012 Xeno. I have a worth catalog at home and access to our worth rep if you would like any specific information I am sure I can get is for you. DD likes both bats but if she had to choose one, it would be the blue/gray legit (also -10). It does take a few swings to get broken in however.

Both bats have a lot of pop, but we have found they are very brittle in the cold weather.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
Very Popular college bat. Boulderdad 's dd loved her RT for years and is putting up some great numbers playing D1 with the 454. It will be my dd's college bat next year. She will have to give up her CF4.

Apr 1, 2010
Like knightsb's DD, my DD is also on a Worth-sponsored team. However, they're 12U. The -9 and -8 drops are only available in 33" and up; no one on her team is swinging a 33/24 yet. :-O (I wish they made a 32/23; it would be nice to try.)

Yep, the white/orange and blue/gray are both -10. The orange is a one-piece and the blue is two. Some of the girls are swinging a one piece white with maroon letters and knob which is -12.

DD has the orange 454 and loves it; she's pretty strong, so we picked the one piece, but the one piece and two piece are both great bats--nice to swing, big sweetspot. (...even the drop 12 has good pop, actually) I'll second that word to the wise--you do want to try to keep them warm (low to mid-40s is not warm enough for them).

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
My local team sports rep says that the 454 is crazy hot on the one piece, but the two pc. breaks pretty regularly. The different colors usually mean different drop weights.

Sep 18, 2011
My local team sports rep says that the 454 is crazy hot on the one piece, but the two pc. breaks pretty regularly. The different colors usually mean different drop weights.

Wow. I know that one piece bats are generally more durable than two piece bats, but it's disappointing to hear that the two piece breaks pretty regularly. I was leaning towards the two piece. Now I'm not so sure.

Dec 4, 2010
My oldest DD (16) just switched to the one piece 454 -9 (34") from her 2011 Xeno (33") that was ready to go at any moment - had a slight rattle and had a little play in it where the 2 pieces come together. Anyway she wanted nothing to do with anything other than a new Xeno. Luckily got a chance to hit off a tee with a 454 -10 33" 2 piece. I could tell right away that the ball had some jump and the sweet spot is bigger on the 454 compared to the Xeno. Got the -9 one piece 2 months ago and this is her new favorite....her HS coach and TB coach noticed a difference that her hits are harder shots, not sure if its just new bat "mojo", but whatever it is I'll take it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan