2013 DeMarini CF5 vs. 2013 Worth 454 Legit

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 19, 2008
I just got 2 new bats I ordered for my daughter to use in high school softball. I got the 2013 DeMarini CF5 -10 WTDXCFP and the 2013 Worth 454 Legit FPL410 bats, both in the 32/22 size. From limited reviews, both bats are suppose to be pretty decent, with good pop. What is everybody's opinions on these 2 bats? The Legit I got a great price on at $169 new and the CF5 I think was $229. I did find that oen for $195 after I had it ordered. Are these bats considered closeouts already? I sold the 2012 Xeno we had from last season because I planned to get the One X, but that one got recalled. If I find the 2013 Xeno for a good price, I just may get one yet. Anyhow, whats does everyone think of the CF5 and Worth Legit? Are they hot out of the wrapper? Hotter after some hitting with them?

Thanks,

Rob

Apr 10, 2013
Prices should be dropping soon on the CF5s....the 2014 CF6s are coming out I believe by summer time.
The hottest 2013 was the -11 CF5 version.....and you're hearing that straight out of the mouth of an Easton diehard!
The -10 version is no slouch but compared to the -11 there is a difference in pop!
The 454 Legit is a very good bat but have heard durability issues with the handle telescoping inside the barrel plus the resale value is no where near an Easton or Demarini.
Either way both are an upgrade compared to the many problems everyone is having with the Xeno.

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2013
comparing these two.........the CF5 will have a lighter balanced swing weight and softer barrel, more flexy feel than the 454.
The 454 should be right on sticker or half an ounce over. Hard barrel feel and stiffer than the CF5.
I would check the length on the 454, the last 3 Worth's I owned were actually shorter than 32 inches more like 31.85 in length!
CF5 should be hotter out of wrapper,it's sweet spot is towards the end cap.
The 454 is near more the taper/barrel on the "OT" of "WORTH" and "EG" on LEGIT of the barrel.
Prices are about right but will continue to drop. Seriously I would look into exchanging the CF5 for the -11 version.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2010
The 454 Legit is a very good bat but have heard durability issues with the handle telescoping inside the barrel plus the resale value is no where near an Easton or Demarini.
Either way both are an upgrade compared to the many problems everyone is having with the Xeno.

The 454 FPL410 is the orange and white one-piece. Does it have a handle problem or is the telescoping handle an issue with the 454 blue and gray two-piece?

Disclosure: DD has a 454 FPL410 in 32/22 and she loves it (liked the 454 better than her purple and white Stealth from the first swings), but she hasn't tried a CF5. The FPL410 has a nice sweet spot and great pop; it does NOT like cold weather (you should use another bat for that). Other than in the cold, it seems pretty durable.

Oct 10, 2011
The 454 FPL410 is the orange and white one-piece. Does it have a handle problem or is the telescoping handle an issue with the 454 blue and gray two-piece?

Disclosure: DD has a 454 FPL410 in 32/22 and she loves it (liked the 454 better than her purple and white Stealth from the first swings), but she hasn't tried a CF5. The FPL410 has a nice sweet spot and great pop; it does NOT like cold weather (you should use another bat for that). Other than in the cold, it seems pretty durable.

I've heard the one piece is a tank.

Mar 7, 2013
Southern Ohio
Curious to if I am missing something. As far as the sweet spot of the 454, the only bat that actually has the LEGIT wrote on it is the new 2 piece version correct? All others say Worth on one side, and 454 on other. As far as pricing, 169 for a '13 454 is a steal, may I ask where you found this? I can only vouch for the 454, but the DD absolutely loves this bat. But, as mentioned before, stay away from cooler temps. During fall ball, temps were hovering in the mid to upper 50's on some days. I had to take her bat and lay it on top of the dugout against the shingles so that it would heat up ;)
The only major problem that I have with the worth, is that the enamel that they paint them with is weak. DD's bat has cracks in the enamel (bat is white), so Im hoping that we wont have any umps that throw the bat out due to this.

Last edited:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
The 454 Legit is a very good bat but have heard durability issues with the handle telescoping inside the barrel

Your getting your bats mixed up here dude...that is not the FPL410...thats a one piece. Your talking about the Legit Mutant FP.

And because a couple telescope, doesnt mean that its a durability issue. Take into account how many are sold and how few telescope.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Yes folks, the above poster has the bats mixed up between the 1 and 2 piece bats. I call the 2 piece model the Mutant, because Worth has had a slowpitch 2 piece bat for quite some time and it was always called worth mutant, so I call it that for FP also because its easier to explain the difference with people. A one piece bat is impossible to "telescope"...haha

The poster above was talking about the Blue/Grey Legit...not the one piece.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck