Wikipedia weighs in on the high-leve swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
Under the topic of Fastpitch Softball ...

The fastpitch swing can be broken down into 7 components: 1. Stance 2. Grip 3. Bat Position 4. Shift of Weight 5. Hand Position 6. "Squishing the Bug" 7. Follow Through and Finish. There are many drills as well that can help aid in the advancing of one's mechanisms including hitting of a tee and soft toss drills. The swing must be very concise and compact since the ball is coming very fast and there is little time to react.

Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia
Wikipedia is open to contributions by anyone, so it is either collective wisdom or collective ignorance, depending on who got there first, and who edited last.

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
Wikipedia is open to contributions by anyone, so it is either collective wisdom or collective ignorance, depending on who got there first, and who edited last.

I know. ... It makes me wonder how often I might trust Wikipedia on topics about which I am completely ignorant (as opposed to fastpitch, for which I am only largely ignorant). :)

Jul 26, 2010
Wikipedia is a lie generated to maintain the status-quo of ignorance in order for those in control to maintain control.

Okay that's as much BS as the Wikipedia article on hitting, but at least you know the statements and the medium are on equal footing.

-W

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dothekindthing