Where to find new players

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 22, 2012
We are in our first spring season. Most of our team will play 12u agian next year. My DD and 3 others will have to move up. Any help on where or how to recruit more 12u girls that have to move up. There are plenty of well established organizations around here. So these teams get most of the girls changeing teams or they move up with in. Any help would be great.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
IMO, the best way to find new players is to develop a reputation as a very competitive team in an extremely short period of time with your existing team. If you can play even the toughest competition and the other teams have to truly scrap for every run against you, then you will see dividends paid back in your turnouts for tryouts. I'm assuming that this is TB so another option is to recruit off of the local rec All-Stars teams and "coach them up" to achieve the same goal as stated above.

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2012
TB yocoach our 12u team is made up of 3 good,1 decent, and 6 ok/not good rec players. I dont see anyway to turn these girls into a competative team in the short term.

Oct 22, 2009
PA
One option is to move the entire team up to 14U next year, take your lumps, and then the following year try to do some damage if you can keep all the girls together and coach them up well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NightOwl