Where did my Little Girl Go?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 23, 2010
Florida
So as I sit here, i'm wondering what has happened to my little girl. Last Sunday she is pitching probably the best game I have ever watched her pitch. She gets on base and I watch her diving back headfirst to the bag at first. She gets to second. Bouncing ball hit to third, she goes in hard to third base trying to beat the girl to the bag. When did my 12 yoa girl turn into a ball player? The BU makes a comment that if she keeps playing that hard, she won't be pitching for long. I gotta say, it chokes me up a little when I think about the little girl who used to stand in the outfield practicing ballet, when she should have been in the ready position. Crazy how far she has come. Even crazier to think how far she can go.

Nov 29, 2009
So as I sit here, i'm wondering what has happened to my little girl. Last Sunday she is pitching probably the best game I have ever watched her pitch. She gets on base and I watch her diving back headfirst to the bag at first. She gets to second. Bouncing ball hit to third, she goes in hard to third base trying to beat the girl to the bag. When did my 12 yoa girl turn into a ball player? The BU makes a comment that if she keeps playing that hard, she won't be pitching for long. I gotta say, it chokes me up a little when I think about the little girl who used to stand in the outfield practicing ballet, when she should have been in the ready position. Crazy how far she has come. Even crazier to think how far she can go.

A word of advice to you. Take thousands of pictures. Make a pest of yourself with the camera. The years go by faster than you think. My daughter had the same catcher for 3 years in HS, 2 years of TB and 3 years of college. When the catcher graduated I made up a DVD of all the pictures I had taken of her through the years and gave them to her. She was very appreciative for them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd