?When your dd has a lot of 'game ball' softballs, you buy ......

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 5, 2014
At first I was going to buy individual cases for each ball, but we are probably getting up around 10 'game balls' softballs that umps and coaches have given her after games.

What is everyone's favorite display case for them? It is time.

Apr 5, 2014
They've been collecting in a heap on top of her dresser. But much more 'displayed' than not. A lot were the 11 inch from last year's season so she wouldn't be using those ones anymore anyway. Maybe I'll just start with putting those into indiv cases first and see what happens. A lot were already 'sharpied' by the coach or teammates, so I kept it up & made sure they all at least had the date of the game.

Aug 6, 2013
At first I was going to buy individual cases for each ball, but we are probably getting up around 10 'game balls' softballs that umps and coaches have given her after games.

What is everyone's favorite display case for them? It is time.

I took an old banister rail that I had laying around forever, cut it to fit her wall put shelf brackets on it and it made a perfect display shelf - There was a channel cut into it where the stair spindles fit that is the perfect size to hold softballs. I assume the bannister rail is fairly inexpensive at your local bigbox Home Center/hardware store chain.

She only keeps the "Special ones". I write on the ball the date, score opponent and why she kept it (No hitter, Big game, whatever) the others just end up in the bottom of her bat bag.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2013
The balls/trophies/medals from this year are on the mantle upstairs. From previous years they are on a shelf downstairs. I've found after the initial enthusiasm the excitement from the balls wanes dramatically. However, some day they may want to show them to their kids.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Don't go too "over the top" with the display....when my DD reached 16U trophies and game balls were no longer "cool" and they all went into a cardboard box in the attic.

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2014
Upper Midwest
We've never had game balls. The first 10 HRs were dated, with game score, location, # feet to the fence, etc. and displayed on a shelf. The next 10 were dated and in a box in the closet. At 14s DD started playing with girls that had 100+. Wake up call. She started tossing them back to the PU after that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dd2k13