What program do you use...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 19, 2013
Texas
What program do you use to download a video from Youtube? I want to make side by side comparisons on Kinovea using Youtube.

Thanks for your help.

Sep 19, 2013
Texas
Thanks JAD. I tried what the video said and what comes up is much different. It want you to download a different program. Install SaveFrom.net. Have you tried it?
Thanks.

Jan 31, 2014
North Carolina
NetVideoHunter is my favorite tool for downloading youtube and many other forms of videos. It's a Firefox add-on that puts an icon on your browser. Every time you start a youtube clip, the clip is added to a list that opens in a small window when you click the icon. From there you can save it anywhere on your computer you want, or designate a folder as the default destination. I've used this for years. Don't know if it's an option for other browsers. Check out https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/user/netvideohunter/?src=api

Sep 19, 2013
Texas
NetVideoHunter is my favorite tool for downloading youtube and many other forms of videos. It's a Firefox add-on that puts an icon on your browser. Every time you start a youtube clip, the clip is added to a list that opens in a small window when you click the icon. From there you can save it anywhere on your computer you want, or designate a folder as the default destination. I've used this for years. Don't know if it's an option for other browsers. Check out https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/user/netvideohunter/?src=api

Jacman, r u familiar with the video converters on the firefox? I did not realize there were so many. I was going to try Netvideohunter. Popvideo sounded interesting.

Thanks

Jan 31, 2014
North Carolina
Never used PopVideo. Looks like it could be useful for viewing purposes, but doesn't appear to be helpful in downloading or converting. NetVideoHunter has served me well for many years, but note that it isn't a converter. It will allow you to download ALMOST any video that you can play on a website. For conversions, there are tons of options. I have used "AnyVideoConverter" for some time for simple conversions. Not fancy, allows a little simple editing and trimming, and will do batch conversions as well. There's a free version and a paid version, and not too much difference between the versions for what I do. Accepts a lot of formats and writes to a lot of formats. Helpful tool. There are others I like - Handbrake comes to mind - but I seem to gravitate back to AVC.

Since this topic is about searching the web for video tools, I hope everyone is carefully protecting their computers. I avoid the Apple world (look what happened when Eve picked one up), but for Windows people I'd suggest a few things for safeguarding your privacy: Firefox browser with AdblockPlus, BetterPrivacy (removes LSOs or flash cookies), Ghostery (blocks web trackers). I also use SpyHunter to get rid of adware that slips through. I'm reasonably sure it doesn't sneak it's own adware into your PC. Anti-virus of course. All this should probably go without saying, but when I said it to my sons as they took their new laptops off to college, they acted like it had gone without saying. Their PCs regularly needed repair. No doubt this crowd has other helpful knowledge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd