What is this country coming to? Furious!!!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 15, 2012
:mad: I'm the coach of an A level TB team. This summer we were 10u and have moved to 12u this fall for the 2014 season. Just establishing age for everyone. Anyway, this year at USSSA World Series in Branson we exchanged gift bags with a team from Oklahoma. They were awesome bags too. Had a lot of great gifts in them. One of the gifts was a t-shirt, it had a picture of the State of Oklahoma on the front with 3 hearts in the state. On the back of the shirt it reads "Oklahoma Love".

One of my players told me at practice tonight that she wore that shirt to school. Her school made told her to, either, take the shirt off or turn it inside out and don't wear it to school again. They said it looked like a picture of a weapon on the shirt (meat cleaver) and was innappropriate to wear at school.

Is this what we have come to? I'm very upset and disgusted!! Wanted to get some input on the letter I'm going to be writing to her school. What do you all think of this?

Apr 15, 2012
The worst part about it is, I think the 3 hearts on the front represented 3 softball players that got killed in the tornado's they had last year. Not positive on that though.

Jun 1, 2013
The tornadoes weren't last year either, it was only 3 or 4 months ago. What team did you exchange with?

Last edited:

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
There are lots and lots of places on the Internet where a person can go and post all kinds of drivel. This isn't one of them.

This is a *SOFTBALL* message board. We don't allow political posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dothekindthing