What’s the benefit in changing names?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 20, 2015
Newtown Rock is a big org in the NE with a big track record of D1 commits. There are several others, but we compete with soccer and lacrosse for talent around here.
As for the SE, there are plenty. Tampa Mustangs, Georgia Impact, Birmingham Thunderbolts, EC Bullets. All have very good reputations and track records. I won't include the Lady Dukes because you're just wearing their jersey unless you play for Lamar.

Nope impact thunderbolts and ec bullets are all franchised out now….don’t know who you are playing and could be anywhere from barely better than Rec to solid national level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mar 10, 2020
You see quite often where a local organization that has 6-8 teams will change there name to some larger organization in a different state. A lot of times they will just change the names of a few of there teams and the rest will remain the same. What is the benefit in this if that organization and there facilities and coaches are hundreds of miles away.
None.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Nope impact thunderbolts and ec bullets are all franchised out now….don’t know who you are playing and could be anywhere from barely better than Rec to solid national level.

✔ examples of examples of examples of this is what happens when...

Oct 4, 2018
As for the SE, there are plenty. Tampa Mustangs, Georgia Impact, Birmingham Thunderbolts, EC Bullets. All have very good reputations and track records. I won't include the Lady Dukes because you're just wearing their jersey unless you play for Lamar.

*cough* Atlanta Vipers *cough* *cough*

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2018
Yep, you're correct again, @pattar. The Bolts now have 11 premier teams and 46 "franchise" teams. That's watered down.

It all happened very recently. Last 3-6 months. Basically all the PRIME teams switched over. They weren't very good. However, there is a Florida Thunderbolts '09 Team that is very good (Pynes).

Apr 20, 2015
It all happened very recently. Last 3-6 months. Basically all the PRIME teams switched over. They weren't very good. However, there is a Florida Thunderbolts '09 Team that is very good (Pynes).

Last summer was the beginning. This summer was the explosion. They at least have maintained that only their main teams can use the premier in their name so it’s a little easier to know who’s who and there are some flat out bad franchise teams. There are very very few big names that aren’t franchised out now.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Last summer was the beginning. This summer was the explosion. They at least have maintained that only their main teams can use the premier in their name so it’s a little easier to know who’s who and there are some flat out bad franchise teams. There are very very few big names that aren’t franchised out now.

Their website lists them under separate headings now. The 11 premier teams are under one listing on the site while the 46 franchised teams are listed under a different heading.

Feb 15, 2017
*cough* Atlanta Vipers *cough* *cough*
Lamar has a 14u team and he hasn't coached a game all spring. Also hasn't had a full coaching staff as well with parents having to coach. Hard to be the head coach of a 14u, 16u, and 18u team...

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Lamar has a 14u team and he hasn't coached a game all spring. Also hasn't had a full coaching staff as well with parents having to coach. Hard to be the head coach of a 14u, 16u, and 18u team...

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
That seems to be endemic within the organization. The NJ version does the same thing. One guy is listed as the HC of two teams, yet he's never been to one game for the 24/25 team.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA