Unsportsmanlike Coaching

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 22, 2009
Thanks for posting this anyway. I stick to the pitching discussion so I missed this in the other discussion page.

I think this shows how important it is for parents to talk to their daughters. Girls in general are brought up to "please", those around them. Please their parents, please their teachers, please their coaches, etc.
We need to have frequent talks with girls about where you draw the line, especially when the girls start to mature in their teenage years. I've been coaching for many years an several times I've unfortunately heard of local cases where coaches have taken advantage of their female players.
I once had a previous player of mine try to commit suicide after her coach took advantage of her. I almost had to go go to court and act as a character witness for her. Turns out he was taking advantage of many girls on the team and thankfully he did go to prison.

Wake up call for me. My DD was 12 at the time, and we had a good talk after that. Protect your kids. Tell them they don't have to "please" everyone. If something doesn't seem right. DON'T DO IT. Just because someone is an adult and in a place of authority, does not make them right. Talk to someone about, don't be afraid or ashamed.

Sep 10, 2013
that coach should not be allowed to coach no more. and the catcher? she should have the strength to tell the coach, "Hell, No".
now it's her future in jeopardy.

Dec 10, 2012
Waterloo Ontario
The coach should be suspended. Its funny, I have seen examples of completely unethical coaching even at 10U in Ontario. Coach teaching players to hard tag/shove girls off second when they steal and try to tag them out when they lose their balance. Its unbelievable what some people will do to win games. Makes my blood boil.

May 29, 2013
Is it possible that the coach instructed the pitcher to throw a high pass ball to induce a steal of home attempt and the pitcher missed? I saw the catcher leave her position early, maybe in anticipation of an intentional passed ball.

Nov 15, 2013
Is it possible that the coach instructed the pitcher to throw a high pass ball to induce a steal of home attempt and the pitcher missed? I saw the catcher leave her position early, maybe in anticipation of an intentional passed ball.

What video are you watching? It isn't the one posted in this thread.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NightOwl