Two dads coaching...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
and no, it's not daddy ball. DD tried out for a former coach when she found out he was moving his team up to 16U. She ended up being several levels higher than his team, so she turned him down. But I just had to share this...these are two dads coaching...head coach has coached for years starting with his youngest daughter (may have coached others but this is one I know about). His DD ended up being star pitcher, and is now doing very well pitching for a D3 school. The asst coach also has a daughter playing the sport...she pitches for a D1 school. She followed the other pitcher's (head coach's DD) steps and did very well pitching her senior year for same high school (my DD goes to same HS).

Anyway, I found it amusing to find two dads who still have passion for the sport even after their DDs are in college now. :) I know there are some of you out there doing the same, and I have nothing but utmost admiration and respect for you!

Jan 24, 2009
Anyway, I found it amusing to find two dads who still have passion for the sport even after their DDs are in college now. :)

I respect those coaches as well. Even more rare, though, is to find a girl who is as passionate about the game as her Daddy coach. "Bigfoot rare" if they exist at all.

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
I respect those coaches as well. Even more rare, though, is to find a girl who is as passionate about the game as her Daddy coach. "Bigfoot rare" if they exist at all.

Well the head coach's daughter definitely has passion for the sport. She is a rare gem. :) The asst coach, I don't know well enough...I have seen her pitch at HS games but that is all. She didn't pitch much her first 2 years of college, so I am not sure what the story is (not my business). I still think it's awesome that these dads truly love the sport that much...most daddy coaches coach because they want to help their DD.

Jun 7, 2013
This thread makes me think of my possible future once my DDs are off to college. I do love fastpitch softball but am not sure at what level I may still want to be involved in it.

Oct 25, 2009
Well the head coach's daughter definitely has passion for the sport. She is a rare gem. :) The asst coach, I don't know well enough...I have seen her pitch at HS games but that is all. She didn't pitch much her first 2 years of college, so I am not sure what the story is (not my business). I still think it's awesome that these dads truly love the sport that much...most daddy coaches coach because they want to help their DD.

I believe it's more love of the kids than it is of the sport. Although that may be what you mean in the first place.

Thinking back on all the kids you've ever coached I'm pretty sure you'll agree that you can't help but love them like family.

Aug 21, 2011
38°41'44"N 121°9'47.5"W

I have three daughters. I have coached two of them in softball. The other one did not play past T-Ball. She went on to letter, team captain and go to state in HS swimming and graduated this year. She started coaching the little one's this summer. Now she was just recently offered the HS Girl's JV coaching position.

She makes my heart melt.

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014

I'd wager that 99% of men get involved with FP because of their daughters. Otherwise, coaching girls just isn't something that most guys would latch onto.

That said, the more I learn about the game itself, the more I enjoy it. I wish I could say the same for many of the people I encounter.

May 24, 2013
So Cal

As I understand it, Cannonball's DD would fit your "bigfoot rare" scenario. I believe she is currently coaching a 12U TB team.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dd2k13