Tryouts over:) Might bore some of you!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 10, 2011
Our tryouts are finally over. DD did great but didn't quite make varsity. They hadn't taken a freshman in 5 years but this year they took 2 after losing some seniors after an undefeated season. Both players played with her last year and are really outstanding. She was named a JV/Varsity floater (one of 2) and will practice once a week with Varsity. Coach told her she was one of the best overall hitting, but his team is pretty stacked with hitters. I showed up in time to video her bounce one off the top of the fence but it's hard to see with the sun in the background. Usually when I tape only bad things happen! He said the other two edged her out because of their speed (both sub 3). There are 2 girls with ankle injuries on varsity and my DD has another week before they will let her run at full speed. He said she will start JV at 3rd base, but would sit behind a senior on varsity.
I thought she would be upset she didn't make Varsity but she was actually thrilled because she will get to do both and get more field time. She has been invited to play with them at a tournament this weekend and he said he may move her up quickly. Anyway, thanks for listening:)

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
I was bored and want that 2 min. back.
Just kidding congrats to your DD for making the team. Your DD is on the team, now it's time to work hard and and earn that starting spot.Keep us posted. Last day of my DD's tryouts. We're hoping to just make the team.

Oct 10, 2011
I was bored and want that 2 min. back.
Just kidding congrats to your DD for making the team. Your DD is on the team, now it's time to work hard and and earn that starting spot.Keep us posted. Last day of my DD's tryouts. We're hoping to just make the team.
Wow, it takes me 5 minutes to read that much!
Tell your DD good luck. I know the girls on this site work harder than the others:) so I like hearing the good that comes from it.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Trust me, if I wouldn't have found this site -especially the Hitting Tech thread. My DD wouldn't have a shot at making the team. A lot of good people/posters on this site.

Jun 18, 2010
Thanks for sharing, we'll be going through this in the Fall with my DD who will be a Freshman. Keep us updated on how the season goes.

Feb 14, 2010
Congrats, HS ball is stupid to some but personally I love it. Keep her working hard and keep us updated.

RD, wishing Laura good luck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NightOwl