Trivia for 11/7

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Fair or Foul.
The batter hits a fly ball down the left field line past 3rd base. The ball, while still in the air crosses foul territory. However, the left fielder attempts to catch the ball ( ball is over foul territory) Left fielders right foot is in foul territory but her left foot is in fair territory. The ball ball hits left fielders glove (glove is in foul territory) and ball falls to ground in foul territory. Fair or foul?

Jun 22, 2008
Foul, makes no difference where fielder is, it is the location of the ball when first touched.

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
Foul, though there will be idiots in the stands yelling "but she is fair territory when she touched it." and sometimes those idiots will be standing in the 1st or 3rd base coaches box.

Dec 7, 2011
I would say what Sweet Lou says here but I will now, (after being trained by the sensitivity police here), say it without offending any hyper-sensitive individuals here and leave out the "i" word. (see I don't even repeat "bad" words now after my training)

JK folks.....
;-)

Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
Fair or Foul.
The batter hits a fly ball down the left field line past 3rd base. The ball, while still in the air crosses foul territory. However, the left fielder attempts to catch the ball ( ball is over foul territory) Left fielders right foot is in foul territory but her left foot is in fair territory. The ball ball hits left fielders glove (glove is in foul territory) and ball falls to ground in foul territory. Fair or foul?

Somebody subscribes to the ASA FB page :)

Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
Foul, though there will be idiots in the stands yelling "but she is fair territory when she touched it." and sometimes those idiots will be standing in the 1st or 3rd base coaches box.

There were a fair amount of those with that answer when they posed the question !

Jun 24, 2013
I actually had that happen to me in a slow pitch game. I had my arm extended over the line into foul territory, ball glances off of my glove and keeps going down the line in foul territory, never once crossing into fair territory. I don't make any effort to get the ball as I assumed it was foul and a dropped foul ball at that. The ump gives the fair signal and the bases clear on my "error". Still mad about that to this day.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dothekindthing