Triple play!!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 17, 2011
DD was playing tonight and her friend who plays centerfield made an awesome play... a triple play in fact. No outs runners on first and second and a line drive to dead centerfield is hit. Centerfielder gets a great jump on the ball and comes in hard and makes a diving catch laying flat out for it and then turns her foward momentum into a front roll and pops back up to her feet at a dead runs and takes about four steps to touch second and forcing the girl from second midway to third out and tags the girl sliding into second from first.... no one and i mean noone thought the ball would be caught and the runners commited to run and got caught by an awsome play. I just wish a had the camera running. lol

May 26, 2010
Central NJ
An unassisted triple play, WOW! I've seen a triple play before (CF catches ball, throws to 2B for force, who throws to 1B for force), but I doubt I'll ever see an unassisted triple play. That's probably a once in a lifetime event!

Feb 17, 2011
An unassisted triple play, WOW! I've seen a triple play before (CF catches ball, throws to 2B for force, who throws to 1B for force), but I doubt I'll ever see an unassisted triple play. That's probably a once in a lifetime event!

Like i said i wish i had the dang camera running!!!!!!!!!!!! Someone looked at me and said how in the heck do you score that? IDK F8 U8 U8????

Nov 1, 2008
that's awesome. i wish i could see one myself. I remember Mickey Morandini's unassisted triple play, they played it over and over again on espn.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
I saw an un-assisted DP before. Same situation runners at 1st and 2nd. I called for a double steal, the batter hit a line drive right to second base. The SS was moving to cover the throw from the catcher so she was right there as the ball was arriving. Stepped on the bag and then tagged the girl running from first.

That really kills an inning.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06