They should move back college fences

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
And cost parents tons of money just like when USSSA came up with their own stamps for “the safety of the players”. Been there, done that, no thanks.
Agreed

And right away, if this is done, there would be a thread here claiming how bat makers and colleges are in cahoots with each other
and costing parents money like usual...hahaha. Money grab....yada yada...i know you have heard that term how many times :D

Ok, now the ball, just like in slowpitch, if you dumb the ball down, do you not think bat manufacturers arent going to race to develop
the best bat to hit the softer balls...hahaha. Again, happened in slowpitch. They dumbed the balls down, and then the race was on
develop inner tech bats to allow better performance but stay under the standards and rip the softer balls. The bat tech is already there,
it would take literally a week for the bat manufacturers to make better bats for fastpitch :)

Stay away from changing the balls and bats. I would have no problem with higher fences and seeing some wall ball played...think it would be fun
watching it.

Aug 1, 2019
MN
With being able to recruit with the Big12 name, the new schools (UH, UCF, and BYU) should improve. UCF is already a top 25 program so the Big12 will be fine when OUT leave.
Pretty silly of me to forget about that part of the equation.

Apr 1, 2017
Pretty silly of me to forget about that part of the equation.
and although it has nothing to do with softball, if you want to dive into the twitter conspiracy theory and/or conference realignment world and/or TV rights negotiations....... If the PAC 10 ends up imploding, there is a lot of talk about Arizona/ASU to the Big 12.

Mar 4, 2015
New England
With being able to recruit with the Big12 name, the new schools (UH, UCF, and BYU) should improve. UCF is already a top 25 program so the Big12 will be fine when OUT leave.

I hope so, but we'll see. With OU and Texas in the SEC, and UCLA gone from the Pac 12, the SEC might no longer have a real rival for best conference, and if you've got one conference that supersedes the rest, recruits might view it almost like SEC is the major leagues, the rest are inferior. It's kinda like that in football now, where many players are signing to play in a conference as much as for a particular team. One selling point for playing at OK State, for example, was you get to play vs. OU and Texas. Now what? I'm not saying that's what's going to happen, but it might.

Last edited:
May 10, 2019
I hope so, but we'll see. With OU and Texas in the SEC, and UCLA gone from the Pac 12, the SEC might no longer have a real rival for best conference, and if you've got one conference the supersedes the rest, recruits might view it almost like SEC is the major leagues, the rest are inferior. It's kinda like that in football now, where many players are signing to play in a conference as much as for a particular team. One selling point for playing at OK State, for example, was you get to play vs. OU and Texas. Now what? I'm not saying that's what's going to happen, but it might.
The leftover teams and the new teams will definitely have to step up. That is for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06