Team Bags

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 4, 2021
Looking at some Boombah bags for our 10U team bags this coming season.

We are looking at the superpacks for all of the girls that dont carry any catchers gear.

We have 3 or 4 girls that have their own gear, we were looking at the Spartan 2.0 bags for them. I am just wondering if that is going to be large enough to fit catchers gear, batting helmet and gloves in. Does anyone have experience with that particular bag?

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
The Superpack will be enormous for a 10U player. You could probably fit several players in one bag alone. My daughter used to use a Superpack and carry her catching gear in it at the 14U level.

The Spartan isn't a bad bag. I know some on here aren't crazy about Boombah's quality, but for $70, you get what you pay for.

May 4, 2021
The Superpack will be enormous for a 10U player. You could probably fit several players in one bag alone. My daughter used to use a Superpack and carry her catching gear in it at the 14U level.

The Spartan isn't a bad bag. I know some on here aren't crazy about Boombah's quality, but for $70, you get what you pay for.

Most of the girls already have one variety or another of the superpack. I even had some tiny 8U girls that had the rolling version.

I just want to make sure there is enough room for everything in the Spartan bag.

I dont have a ton of experience with their bags, but every one of my players that has one seems to like them a lot, and I have a beast bag that I carry all of my practice gear and team catchers gear in and it has help up well.

Nov 18, 2015
I haven't done the math, but the Spartan looks to be a little bigger. And the Superpack is BIG - it's almost like a rite of passage in our organization - you make 10U travel, and you get to look like a turtle carrying your house on your back. Don't get me wrong - the smaller they are, the cuter it looks. My 14U is still using hers, I think it's 5 years old now? Superpack will fit 10U gear if packed carefully, but it will be tight. The Spartan looks like a regular adult sized equipment bag - my easton bag isn't a "catchers bag", but it can fit my gloves, bats, CP, shin guards, and helmet. The Spartan should have plenty of rooms.

Disclaimer - we've never tried to fit her catchers gear into the Superpack. I threw the C gear it into a blue Ikea bag years ago, and just haven't been bothered to find anything else.

Aug 5, 2022
We hated the super paks…Just too stupid big and I’m not dragging it around. My kiddo has carried a demarini back pack style since 10u she’s now 2nd year 16 and we’re on bag #2…probably really need #3 but the team switched to white eastons and my girl says absolutely not lol. Bag holds 2 bats , glove or 2 depending on what we are breaking in, used to hold mask, helmet, 1 pair of cleats in the pocket 1 on the bats, batting gloves wallet/keys/phone and the typical collection of half drank water bottles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 18, 2018
My 14u DD has the hybrid.superpack. She keeps three gloves and helmet and cleats in the bag.

Needed something to hold all the gear. In past she used an Easton walkoff iv backpack (I think it was that) and it worked out well also.

Just beware the boombah bag may tear at the bottom of the bat section. But Boombah was very good about warranty on the bag.

Sent from my LE2115 using Tapatalk

Jun 16, 2022
The Superpack is plenty big enough for your 10u catchers. My 14u DD packs all her fielding/batting/catching gear in one with no problem.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414