Survey

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
My DD was off Aug. 3 til Oct. 29th....then went to work till schoolball started Feb. 29th. She pitched 3 nights aweek, and hit twice a week. She also had 12 weeks of fielding lessons...inside in the coldest part of OH-IO winter. So that was 4 times aweek... School ball is 5 times aweek...when games start, its 2-3 times week...still have practice on non-game days & rainouts...:cool:

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2011
Enjoyed getting to meet you...& film with you.... it was a dangerous spot...:cool:

i realized when i got home why I got hit once and barely hit a secone time. I umpired my first 12u game last Wednesday night and the feedback I got was to not flinch at balls coming at my head. It was an honor getting a glancing hit on the nose from a Rick Pauly riseball! I just gotta remember when I'm not wearing my umpire gear. I did have to ice my shoulder before I fell asleep Saturday night.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
i realized when i got home why I got hit once and barely hit a secone time. I umpired my first 12u game last Wednesday night and the feedback I got was to not flinch at balls coming at my head. It was an honor getting a glancing hit on the nose from a Rick Pauly riseball! I just gotta remember when I'm not wearing my umpire gear.

Yep... you didn't flinch..... or cuss... like I do... :cool: How did that clip turn out....??? I was surprised camera kept working.... I had 3 real small canon cameras that got blasted... here is the first one down... LOL

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/sgMBvyNeETA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here is last 9 frames before it knocked my camera back Saturday... .gif removes my sounds... :cool:

wp.gif

Last edited:

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
My DD goes to a pitching coach for a 30-minute private lesson once a week, then throws with me twice a week.

Oct 27, 2015
On our own 3 days a week. Only one person close to teaching what is on here and she has no time for coaching (busy with her career and the national program).

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
I don't have the patience to learn everything, so DD goes to a PC/HC (same coach) every week...even during HS ball and TB seasons. She gets a break in August and in December/January. TBH - I did try and I asked DD questions, but she has her way of working through things, and mom's interference just frustrated her. No biggie. I pay for the lessons for a reason, so now she just runs the show...I'm the investor. ;)

Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA
Pitching coach once a week, plus a couple days solo. I wish we had a decent "modern style" pitching coach around here that didn't cost $80-100 per hour.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez