Steelo Gloves any experience??

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Japanese Wagyu….you know you have to say that with the same enthusiasm the same way the Japanese people say the word GODZILLA, those are two very sacred words!

I am familiar with the name brand but I honestly know nothing about their gloves, sorry.

It does have some very cool things going on with it!

Jun 29, 2023
I hate the double X laced at the bottom of that web with 3/16" lace. The X's don't break but a side does because it's not 1/4". I guess if you can afford that glove you can afford to relace it every year.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I hate the double X laced at the bottom of that web with 3/16" lace. The X's don't break but a side does because it's not 1/4". I guess if you can afford that glove you can afford to relace it every year.
100% agree, every glove should be laced with 1/4” for the web, web spiral, and fingertips, every glove!

And I also don’t like the double X laced at the bottom of a I-Web, it doesn’t give what so ever, stays too stiff, I still have a NP7 that’s double laced, the bottom of the web feels like a brick wall. And it’s double laced in 1/4” Tanners!IMG_2411.jpeg

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Are those Filipino fingers to small and weak to pull them through during the manufacturing process?
I’ve often wondered about this very thing before, but I don’t think so, I think it’s the manufacturers being cheap! Don’t get me started on lace, very sore subject for me! It’s THE very first thing I look at when I unbox a new glove!

I distinctly remember 3 new gloves that I re-laced the web, spiral, and fingertips within an hour of unboxing, and these were high dollar, limited number exclusives! OCD is a killer!

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I’ve often wondered about this very thing before, but I don’t think so, I think it’s the manufacturers being cheap! Don’t get me started on lace, very sore subject for me! It’s THE very first thing I look at when I unbox a new glove!

I distinctly remember 3 new gloves that I re-laced the web, spiral, and fingertips within an hour of unboxing, and these were high dollar, limited number exclusives! OCD is a killer!
When I had my daughter's Nokona Cobalt relaced by the AZ Glove Lab, it came back with thicker laces than what it left with. It made such a difference over the stock laces. I can't imagine the cost is that much of a difference maker.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
When I had my daughter's Nokona Cobalt relaced by the AZ Glove Lab, it came back with thicker laces than what it left with. It made such a difference over the stock laces. I can't imagine the cost is that much of a difference maker.
I agree, it’s the one thing the manufacturers can do to greatly improve the performance and longevity of the glove for minimal increased cost!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zs052805