Good non-$200 A2000 glove options

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
If you're saying your daughter throws left-handed (LHT) - you should be able to find any number of higher-end gloves much cheaper than RHT, and for the same model. You'll find the biggest price difference for the Mizuno Pro Selects, and while I haven't seen any lately, there was always a few sites still selling some of the LHT All-Star gloves, which were always well-regarded on this board.
Gags is right, Southpaws get all the killer deals! (even on bats) ;)

Apr 8, 2019
If you're saying your daughter throws left-handed (LHT) - you should be able to find any number of higher-end gloves much cheaper than RHT, and for the same model. You'll find the biggest price difference for the Mizuno Pro Selects, and while I haven't seen any lately, there was always a few sites still selling some of the LHT All-Star gloves, which were always well-regarded on this board.
It's funny that you mention those gloves because those are the exact same gloves currently in her bag. I bought 2 All-Stars probably 3 years ago, a first base glove, and a pitcher's glove. I replaced the first base glove with a Pro Select. I got all of them easily less than half of retail price. But lately, I've been having trouble finding screaming deals like that.

Jan 16, 2020
I'm not a glove expert, but I have ordered 3 of the Gloveworks custom. 2 of the Game Day, and 1 Pro Steerhide. Overall I like them. My DD is a diehard Marucci customs. She has the Pro, but its her backup. Her description is "it's too slick". The Gloveworks are stiff, seem to be well made, and I think a step under A2000/HOH (my estimate) for half the price. I cant speak to the longevity, but the mine has held up through weekly practices for over a year and looks new.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I'm not a glove expert, but I have ordered 3 of the Gloveworks custom. 2 of the Game Day, and 1 Pro Steerhide. Overall I like them. My DD is a diehard Marucci customs. She has the Pro, but its her backup. Her description is "it's too slick". The Gloveworks are stiff, seem to be well made, and I think a step under A2000/HOH (my estimate) for half the price. I cant speak to the longevity, but the mine has held up through weekly practices for over a year and looks new.
As I’ve said before, I’ve only ever owned the Pro-Steerhide, mine was a Dan Davis Re-lacing model, a 12.25” I-web in Midnight Tan. Dan put a few extra touches on this one and it every bit rivaled a A2000 / HOH….for $175.00!

Never handled a Game Day or the Pro Kip before, but for the prices on those two, and the quality (which I have seen) they’re pretty hard to beat!

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
left handed throwers have it made with gloves. Places are always trying to clear inventory because those gloves are always
last to be sold

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom