St. Louis fields

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 5, 2009
St. Louis MO
Yep, we've got that one on the schedule too. What division are you in? Would be happy to give you the low down on fields, places to eat, etc.

18U. How about you? Weve been to this tourney the last 4 or 5 years, always seem to be on a different field. Always looking for a good place to eat. We love Mexican and Italian.

Apr 1, 2010
absdad, you have both the Mississippi and Missouri Rivers here around St. Louis. Some of the mosquitoes are bigger than birds. ;-)

With as wet as it has been around here, they are warning that bugs in general will be very bad. Don't know what the conceal and carry laws are in Missouri but might consider since some of those mosquitoes carry smaller dds away.

Growing up, I always thought the humidity was bad in KC during the summer, but then I went across the state to Wash U and discovered our area had it easy in comparison. Hoo Boy!

Sep 3, 2009
18U. How about you? Weve been to this tourney the last 4 or 5 years, always seem to be on a different field. Always looking for a good place to eat. We love Mexican and Italian.

Ah so you're at Hidden Valley and Legacy park. Near Hidden Valley there is about a dozen or more mid-priced resturants. Mexican, Italian, BBQ, and some fast food mixed in. They're all right near Blue Valley parkway and I-70. Right by the entrance to Hidden Valley is an awesome breakfast place, Corner Cafe. But you have to get there EARLY, or wait a bit... its popular. Then there's Rib Crib, Carabas, El Maguey, Joe's Crab shack, Hereford House, Outback, Kobi japanese steakhouse, Buffalo Wild Wings, On the Border, etc; all within a mile of Hidden Valley. There's also a Bass Pro shop, and a big mall (Independence Center), within two miles.

Legacy park is kind of built on the outskirts, not much of anything nearby, so expect a 15 minute drive to get to some decent resturants. But it's just 5 or 6 miles north of Hidden Valley on 470 highway, so not too far.

My dd is 14A, so we're on the Kansas side of town playing at BV park.

Last edited:

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Went to my first Rib Crib when dd played in KC. Don't know the exact area. Man did I put some lbs on after that. Good stuff!

Apr 1, 2010
If you're at Hidden Valley and want barbeque, I'd try the Smokehouse across from the Independence Center. They're a local chain. Not that some of the barbeque chains from outside the area aren't good too (Rib Crib is originally out of Tulsa), but you might as well eat some Kansas City style barbeque while you're here. :-D There's also a Zarda's down I-70 to the east in Blue Springs and a Gates to the west on highway 40, just off I-70. To me, Gates has a drier tasting sauce (still good flavor), while Smokehouse and Zarda's have a thicker, messier, juicier sauce. Hmm, my mouth seems to be watering.

Dec 3, 2012
Missouri
I'm pretty sure Legacy is south of Hidden Valley, and if you go about 5-10 minutes further south, you'll find a lot of decent places to eat in Lee's Summit. My DD's team will be playing in that same tournament on memorial weekend, but I think they have us playing at Adair. We are supposed to play in the ASA Invitational this weekend in KC. Sure hope it doesn't get rained/snowed out!

Apr 11, 2012
The big ASA Invatational in Kansas City is calling for a high of 52 on Saturday and 60 on Sunday ....after 5 days of 80+ degree weather, it's 42 degrees outside this morning and tomorrow with be worse....even possibly some snow flakes....I can't ever remember it ever snowing in April...let alone May....of course the Royals are in first place so maybe it's just hell freezing over....

oh and three other BBQ places to die for when in KC, but they are not near Lee's Summit, is Arthur Bryants (downtown KC), LC's (near I-435 & Eastwood) and Oklahoma Joe's....(which has two locations really close to Blue Valley Park in Overland Park)....the "Z-Man" sandwhich at Oklahoma Joe's is one of the best things I have ever eaten....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NightOwl