Sr Year

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 16, 2015
South East
A few swings from the first two scrimmages of Mak’s Sr year. As usual criticism is always welcome.

Photo%20Feb%2005%2C%208%2023%2055%20AM.gif

Photo%20Feb%2009%2C%208%2000%2027%20AM.gif

Photo%20Feb%2009%2C%208%2035%2057%20AM.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 16, 2015
South East
Looks like they need to throw it 2 feet outside instead of 1 foot like they tried
What position does she play?

Catcher...... I hope that she stops doing that by the start of the season and just takes the walk..... She has missed her SO & JR seasons so she is being somewhat selfish IMO by not wanting to walk but I understand it at the same time .

Jun 8, 2016
Catcher...... I hope that she stops doing that by the start of the season and just takes the walk..... She has missed her SO & JR seasons so she is being somewhat selfish IMO by not wanting to walk but I understand it at the same time .

I mean I don’t how good the pitching was but she hit those well. She ‘ll probably be more selective against better pitching..or just go the Sydney Romero route and laser everything within a foot of the plate 😄

Chris Delorit

Apr 24, 2016
Green Bay, WI
Vids ... nice work, looks great. 🥎

Enjoyed watching her identify those pitch types & locations where she's fluid & purposeful with her bat head to her contact points. Her in-swing adjustment & small controlled delay was a work of perfection taking an up & out on a rope to right-center.

There's a little thing there with her back foot at plant, but that's just coachin' nitpickin'.

Enjoy her Senior year!
Chris

Feb 12, 2014
Love the attack mindset she is obviously bringing to the plate. Very jealous you are outside!!! We don't start practice until 2/22 here in Ohio and then it's a month of inside stuff unless we catch a lucky break and can get a couple days on the dirt.

Speaking of dirt - do you guys play many games on a grass infield? That was a new one to me!

Feb 16, 2015
South East
Love the attack mindset she is obviously bringing to the plate. Very jealous you are outside!!! We don't start practice until 2/22 here in Ohio and then it's a month of inside stuff unless we catch a lucky break and can get a couple days on the dirt.

Speaking of dirt - do you guys play many games on a grass infield? That was a new one to me!

It is the rain that typically keeps our girls off of the fields here ....... They will play on an grass infield here and there. The field in the first gif was at a public park which doesn’t have any dirt infields..... My DD HS is a very small school but they are fortunate enough to have a field they call their own, it has a grass infield. It is rumored that it is grass for reduced maintenance .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00