Spring weather

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 18, 2013
Fields here are still covered in snow. It'll be a couple weeks before most schools can get outside.

Apr 28, 2014
DD pitched yesterday.. game.time temp was 41.. with 15-20MPH winds..
She walked 6.. gave up 2 runs over 6 innnings.
The other pitcher walked 11...
Ump zone was postage stamp sized.. Feild ump was heckling him for the zone..
Crazy game... Softball not meant to.be played in these conditions.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Today, game time temp is going to be 42 and the wind will be 16 mph. Wind chill will be 33. We will be bundled up. LOL

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
We played tonight and I don't know how. It was cold and the wind was consistently about 16 mph. Our JV dugouts are just chain link fence so players could never get out of the wind. I am frozen. I don't know how some of you up North and around Chicago do it.

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
We played tonight and I don't know how. It was cold and the wind was consistently about 16 mph. Our JV dugouts are just chain link fence so players could never get out of the wind. I am frozen. I don't know how some of you up North and around Chicago do it.

Thermal layer, extra layers, fleece-lined pants, hoodies, those hand warmer gimmicks where you shake it and it gets warm.

And blankets. While we do encourage girls on the bench to jog/play catch off to the side to stay warm and loose, I also had no intention of stopping them from huddling up under a giant blanket.

We've actually had 5 games canceled this week, and I'm not even mad about it. I'm tired of playing when it's below 40.

Feb 26, 2012
Indiana
Here in north-central Indiana, played Friday in 29-degrees and snow flurries; Monday in 35-degrees and snow flurries; hit 40 last night at practice. But walking into work this morning with a southerly breeze and a forecasted high of 59! Unfortunately, Monday's forecast is 39 and snow flurries:(

Watched the Florida-at-Alabama game Saturday, they were complaining about the cold 56-degrees:mad:

Oct 2, 2015
Fields here are still covered in snow. It'll be a couple weeks before most schools can get outside.

This^^^^

I keep hearing people complaining about how cold it is when they are playing...
Our fields are still COVERED in snow...the snow that has not melted, and left from winter
They practiced yesterday outside for the first time in snow boots, stocking caps and tee shirts...with 4 to 10" of snow on the fields. It was 40*F, and the warmest temp in 5-6 weeks.
The videos are hilarious, watching them dive for pop flies and landing in the snow. There is constant laughter the whole time in the videos.
All while there are snow balls flying everywhere in the background.

May 18, 2009
We had first games in March. Been off 4 weeks due to rain and snow. Currently scattered snow showers. Damn this global warming!

Oct 15, 2013
Seattle, WA
The tournament DD1 was supposed to guest in was canceled this morning due to rain. Yes, canceled Thursday morning because there's no hope of it not raining this weekend.

Last Friday night we drove 3.5 hours over the mountains into the high desert and got rained out on Saturday.

Nov 29, 2009
The tournament DD1 was supposed to guest in was canceled this morning due to rain. Yes, canceled Thursday morning because there's no hope of it not raining this weekend.

Last Friday night we drove 3.5 hours over the mountains into the high desert and got rained out on Saturday.

There is an organization in my area who has tried for the last 5 years to put on a tournament in mid-April. In 5 years they've been able to get 2.5 days of playing in, total. They finally gave up trying this year. As a coach in the mid-west I would never schedule any tournaments until late April. I would do some round robins. That way nothing important was lost if the weather was poor.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drid