Sports Recruits

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 20, 2023
My daughter was on a team last year that had SR. I updated a picture at the coaches request. Now her new team has an account for her that looks totally new.
Should these two be tied together somehow? How? I can’t find anything in the help section.

What would you put up there for a 2028? Her coaches are big fans and really trying to get these kids thinking about recruiting. They are doing a bunch of showcases and have a lot of 2027s on the team.

Aug 9, 2021
DD's travel ball team pays for this as well. Do not know the answer to your first question. We put all the relevant information on there, a personal statement, plus videos.

I've heard mixed reviews from college coaches on using it. Some like it, some do not.

I like the notification aspect of the site. Let's you focus efforts in my view. She still gets college coaches viewing her profile and videos even though she is already verbally committed.

Aug 15, 2021
We have used SR for a few years now and I generally have had a good experience. Most coaches seemed to use it and responded to emails sent from SR. A few coaches told her that sometimes SR emails go into their spam folder and requested her to email them directly. My DD found it to be helpful to keep track of her coach correspondence early on when she was email many coaches. In my opinion you should complete all the sections, including the personal statement. She added/updated her tournament schedule there each year, but I am not sure that was really looked at. Uploading videos to SR was very helpful and she had a lot of coaches viewing her videos if they went to her profile.

My DD is a 2025, and in this last summer season she relied on SR less because she had narrowed down the schools she was interested in and was having more direct conversions with those coaches instead of going through SR. However, it was a really good tool the 2 years prior. I would also suggest to create an email just for her softball stuff and link that to SR. Don't mix it in with her personal email. It is easier to manage that way.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
I agree with Sonerai's comments above. We used it for several years with both DD's and found it useful. Even after graduating (and still eligible for that extra covid year) some coaches are looking at it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogoff1968