Something to think about:

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 22, 2013
I think this is a great idea. My dd is only in 12u so have a few more helmets to collect! I'm an avid photographer so I have made several collages since t-ball which I love to do. Just today I visited my parents house and saw a photo of my dd in the rookie league when she was 7. I came close to tears just from a glimpse and thinking how far she has come. It goes so damn fast, any way you can preserve this time is a good one. When you finish your display post some pics!

Nov 29, 2009
We took several old t-shirts from the travel teams, HS and college teams and had a quilt made out of them. Turned out great. The DD loved it.

May 18, 2009
I'm going to take photos of DD at release of the ball. Starting at age 6 and have them go until she's done pitching. Hope that's not for another 12 years.

Oct 2, 2012
My daughter's favorite helmet was an orange Worth that we bought on a whim because it was on clearance. She wore that thing out and was so disappointed when the padding began to shred and we had to replace it. I should have saved it!

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
My dd wore the same helmet from 8 until 15. She was with the same organization and it was a bit big when we bought it and she never grew out of it. The org didn't have "team" helmets, the kids wore what ever they wanted. At a tourney her first year playing TB there was an airbrush company there. We had her helmet painted up with lightning bolts coming out of a softball with the team name on it, plus her nickname on the back. It still looks pretty good for all that use, it sits in the middle of her trophy bookshelf. It has a place of honor in her room.

Nov 1, 2008
I'm going to take photos of DD at release of the ball. Starting at age 6 and have them go until she's done pitching. Hope that's not for another 12 years.

What if you were able to start with the 6 year old photo at the windup and progress through the windmill each year until the 18 year old photo shows the release? I think that would be pretty cool.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phoebeschultz