Should physical strength be measured

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
My dd’s coaches from 16u on did fitness testing. Pushups in 2 minutes. Crunches in 2 minutes. They asked the girls to do certain body weight exercises 3 times a week. Plus they did strength training as part of hitting practice during the winter.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Why do college programs have strength coaches?
I have to believe that many kids show up to campus without ever doing any real strength training. They probably get an introduction in HS, but it's not the same once they get to college. That's where you see real gains. DD put on 30-40 lbs when she was in college. Much of that has to do with genetics as a late bloomer. That's my fault.

I graduated college 6'2" 160 lbs. At graduation I was 190. Now I'm 235. 12oz curls!

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
I have to believe that many kids show up to campus without ever doing any real strength training. They probably get an introduction in HS, but it's not the same once they get to college. That's where you see real gains. DD put on 30-40 lbs when she was in college. Much of that has to do with genetics as a late bloomer. That's my fault.

I graduated college 6'2" 160 lbs. At graduation I was 190. Now I'm 235. 12oz curls!
My dd lived in the weight room and the trainer worked with her all year long. She went to workout with the trainer during the summer since we lived close enough for her to do so. She started a lifting program very early on using PVC piping filled with sand.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessgiles9