Short story about breaking bats

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 11, 2010
DD’s college team played an away “tournament” last weekend. When they travel, they do most of their warmups with game bats- they don’t haul both game bats and practice bats on the plane. They must take some practice bats but not all of them. This is a Louisville/Wilson school.

Anyway in the words of dd “we don’t break bats very often.” They broke 8 game bats the first couple days.

They think it was the balls that the host provided. I did not get details about the balls because dd pays 0% attention to issues that us dads wonder about.

She switched to a “Meta prototype” which she broke. I wish she had more details about that. Sounds like something I’d like to know more about. Broke the outer barrel in half.

Don’t know if the above was gamesmanship BUT the host school wouldn’t let them practice on the field and no 8 minute warmup on the field before the game. (I think it’s 8 minutes.). Lots of bad hops during the games. For all the teams- I saw the home teams ss get a crazy hop too so it wasn’t like it was something they were used to.

This concludes your college softball dumb trivia of the week.

Last edited:

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
Unless you're in south Florida, many of these early season tournaments are played in pretty cool temps (40s).

Balls stored in some unheated shed are going to be rock-like.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Reminds me of that old saying "you have to break a few eggs to make a cake"... 8 broken bats might be a great recipe! ;-)

Jun 19, 2012
So 2 things
1 tell us the host school? Lol
2 tell me more about the prototype. You can't be vague and say prototype. Lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06