Saratoga Springs Softball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

moe

Aug 14, 2013
Anyone familiar with the Saratoga Springs softball scene? Moving there in June and have no idea where to find travel teams, rec orgs, etc. WHat are some good travel programs?

Thanks for any help!

Moe

Jul 17, 2012
Not sure what the dominant division is up there, but you can do some research on USSSA's sight. The cities are conveniently listed in the search results so you don't have to drill into each team to see where they are located. Here's the link to the team search. Just select New York - Upstate and your daughter's division and you'll see all the results. If you select a team you can go into roster history and all seasons, it will show you other teams those players played on to give you more leads. It's easy to see history and previous season records etc so you get a feel for whether or not it's a "Good" team or not.

USSSA Fast Pitch / ISTS Sports Statistics

Jun 11, 2012
There's definitely team in the area. We've played in tournaments up that way many times.
There's a big indoor dome that does tournaments all winter long.

Check out the following website and then filter by NY and age group, maybe that will help?
Tournament Inquiry

Jul 17, 2012
Well that sucks! Nada! No teams 14u upstate ny...

There's a bunch of 14U B teams in Upstate NY. A few in Albany which is pretty close to Saratoga Springs. Depending on your browser....you may have to scroll down to see the box with the teams displayed.

Capture.JPG

Jul 10, 2013
One of the better teams in the area is Electric City Bombers, I know the coach is a nice guy his older dd played on my team. They should travel a lot and play in top tournaments. If they are full I would look at Miss Shen softball this is a rec league but they have travel teams. Shen high school is one of the top high school teams in the area and all there girls come from Miss Shen softball

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinesmom