ruling ?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 24, 2010
The first letter of ASA stands for "Amateur".....
And PONY stands for Protect Our Nation's Youth. So far as I know, PONY deals only with youth baseball and softball. ASA also includes adult softball and the National teams. The argument that the National teams are strictly amateur is one of semantics.

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
And PONY stands for Protect Our Nation's Youth. So far as I know, PONY deals only with youth baseball and softball.

What nation would that be? PONY is an international organization including European, Canadian and I believe Asian associations.

ASA also includes adult softball and the National teams.

That is what a National Governing Body does, represents the entire sport, not just a single aspect. Unfortunately, that part is difficult to understand by some folks who believe their game is the game and, in some cases, are not even aware the other types of games are even associated.

The argument that the National teams are strictly amateur is one of semantics.

Well, it would be if we were discussing USA/ASA Softball, but I don't believe we were. Than again, that discussion would be probably be one of semantics, also ;)

Mar 2, 2013
Yes, youth softball. They do all deal with amateurs. Because the PONY rule book is written solely for YOUTH softball, some rulings may be different.

May 30, 2011
OK all arguing over ASA vs PONY aside..

As stated in ASA if runner interferes with defense catching a foul ball the batter is out as well as the runner who interfered.

In NFHS the batter is simply charged with a foul ball, if it was a bunt attempt with two strikes the batter is out.

No PONY here it The Last Frontier to my knowledge. :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors