Ringers offering new insoles

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 14, 2011
Ringors a great shoes, well made, but pricey. And very heavy. When my daughter used to pitch, we found a great solution. She hated the heavy Ringors and also said they rubbed blisters. We would buy her either cheaper Mizunos or Nikes. Then we would bioproduct at the sporting good store called Tuff Toes. Skateboarders use this. It's a clear gel that you can rub on the toes of the shoe. It works just as good as any pitcher toe that we ever had plus the shoe was immensely lighter. An added benefit: most pitching toes come in a uniform spot on the shoe. If your daughter has a slightly different toe drag she may sometimes it part of her shoe that isn't protected. The Tuff Toes allow you to customize the area you need protected. It will also plug in small holes. Worth a try.

Jul 26, 2010
You dedicated Ringor folks aware of the heaviness of that shoe brand for pitchers with the pitcher toe?

Ya they are durable and all that. But man when DD stepped out of Ringors after being dedicated to them for almost three years (with still the same one new pair every year) she said it was like floating on air.

Don't take my word for it. Compare to DD's favorite now which is the Mizuno 9-spike swift G2. (has a pitcher toe too)

(just tryin to be helpful)

Agreed, however, my DD goes through the Mizuno's (yeah the new ones) in about a month. I tell her to practice in the Ringorz and play in the Mizunos. She practices too damn much. We use the lighter ringorz though with the mesh, not the old heavy or the new heavy.

-W

May 18, 2009
We just did new insoles for my oldest DD. her old ones were tearing up her feet. We found insoles at Big5 that are designed for athletes. We put them in and she said it made her cleats feel new again!

You dedicated Ringor folks aware of the heaviness of that shoe brand for pitchers with the pitcher toe?

Ya they are durable and all that. But man when DD stepped out of Ringors after being dedicated to them for almost three years (with still the same one new pair every year) she said it was like floating on air.

Don't take my word for it. Compare to DD's favorite now which is the Mizuno 9-spike swift G2. (has a pitcher toe too)

(just tryin to be helpful)

Just let us know how their durability compares. I like Mizunos, but I have not seen anything that holds up like the Ringors.

Dec 7, 2011
Just let us know how their durability compares. I like Mizunos, but I have not seen anything that holds up like the Ringors.

So every pitcher drags there push-foot differently - let's get that out there first.

In the case of my 5'11" 155lb DD she will make a Ringor unusable after a season. NOT that the pitching toe wears through but the seam that holds the pitching toe on to the leather will self destruct.

Now the Mizuno, specifically the model I am referring to above, will actually wear through the pitching toe - but in the same single season length.

So for us the wear factor is a wash. So then consider price and weight and it's a no-brainer.

I could foresee another DD not being as abusive on the top seam of the pitching toe where they might then outlast.

BUT then I would submit that I think that shoes should be replaced every year regardless.

(Assuming the season is a full year-long season : maybe ~1.5 months off : and again, for a pitcher)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phoebeschultz