Removing suntan oil from glove

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 18, 2015
Second time this has happened to me.

A large can of sunblock (you know, the kind with the “locking” twist caps that apparently can unlock themselves?) decided to empty its contents into the ziploc storage bag I had placed it in. Said bag had small hole in corner, which drained not only onto my catchers mitt, but INTO a smaller plastic bag, containing two balls full of signatures that my daughter had just received at a Pride-Vipers game.

The balls are a mess, nothing to be done there (at least it wasn’t the one that had her teammates signatures on it!).

Can I do anything about the large amount of oil that’s been soaked into the leather?

7ae4a55b9ab6c903cbcb25dc8e89ecc7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Since most sunscreens are water resistant, I'd very lightly spray some white vinegar directly on the stain, and then blot ( do not wipe ) with a soft microfiber towel. Let it naturally dry and see where you're at then. Vinegar will dry out the leather so when it dries I'd condition it with some good conditioner.

Make sure you've already blotted out/up all of the excess sunscreen first before you start the vinegar process.

Will this work, who knows? 🤷‍♂️ But I do know you won't hurt it anymore than it already is. And you know Lexol has an excellent cleaner as well as their conditioner, why don't you call Lexol's customer service and tell them your situation, see what they say? Think about all the people over the years who have gotten into expensive cars with expensive leather seats while wearing tons of sunscreen, I'm sure they've seen it before!

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez