Radar Gun

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 1, 2011
I'd like to buy a radar gun but I don't have $200 to spend on one. I see a lot of one's like this one on ebay for under $50. Has anyone used this gun? Will it work for clocking pitching speed?

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 7, 2011
RD -

We had a Bushnell "cheapie" and it was good up to around 50mph and then it just pegged-out at 52 after DD's progress (heard that about many of these "cheapies")

But then again I saw a Jugs on DD the other day and it was 63mph and then a Pocket Radar later that same day (in the second game though) showed 55mph.

I also see the college games and this year more than ever I am seeing all kinds of garbage readings being shown.

I am not sure what's going on with this technology but it seems like it's going backwards..... I don't trust it any more.

Jan 24, 2011
I have been using one of the Bushnell guns for a couple of years now. I have used it along side the Jugs and the Pocket Radar with about a 1 mph difference. Can usually find them on Ebay for a really decent price.

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
I've been using the Bushnell gun for a couple of years. We check accuracy on the way to tournaments by shooting a sign on the freeway with cruise control set.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
What is more accurate a rev fire or a radar gun?

my pocket radar is never off more than 1 mph
when used side by side with Jugs,

A radar gun is usually designed to give you the maximum speed of the pitch, while the rev fire is a timing device, which give you the average speed of the pitch. Therefore, I would guess that a radar gun would normally be a couple of MPH faster than the rev fire reading.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharonastokes