Problems with the website?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Did I miss a thread that discussed why the website was down for 3-4 days? My boss probably appreciated my increased productivity, but I was starting to have withdrawal symptoms!

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Nobody really said what happened. Based on the version being used (V4.2.1) there are several plausible scenarios. But then again this site is not exactly an HVT with respect to a cyber attack.

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
"Seriously, sorry about the downtime, but it was a technical computer issue that none of the Moderators can fix. We can only report it. Probably took 10 seconds to reconcile it, but that's something only Marc Dagenais (the owner of this site) can do. And he was at Nationals in Canada coaching his team."

From a previous post :)

Nov 15, 2013
Since it came back up pretty quickly after I posted on their Facebook site asking them why they hadn't renewed the domain registration for discussfastpitch.com, I'm guessing the site owners don't really understand how DNS works.

Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
Nobody really said what happened. Based on the version being used (V4.2.1) there are several plausible scenarios. But then again this site is not exactly an HVT with respect to a cyber attack.

Yea, what he said ^^^
I have no clue. I am a user not a understander ! :(

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Since it came back up pretty quickly after I posted on their Facebook site asking them why they hadn't renewed the domain registration for discussfastpitch.com, I'm guessing the site owners don't really understand how DNS works.

Maybe get a new service provider that handles these type of high tech, complex details. :)

Feb 12, 2014
I didn't realize how much I missed DFP until it was gone for a few days. I was very happy to see it back this morning when i returned to work !!

Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia

That's just good timing on your part, I pinged them day 1 that the domain name wasn't resolving.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Farmboydrose