Playing Up

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 9, 2015
DD's team is a mixed 16U team with 5 older players and 6 younger players. Team has nice mix of competitive tournaments and showcases. Most of the players have been attending college camps on regular basis. Really good group of kids and want to stay together and move up to 18U next season.

issue we are looking at is some college coaches commented that the younger players should stay down in 16U and others didn't have a preference, just to play a competitive schedule and attend their camps. Our coach is looking for pros & cons of moving up in an age group.

Apr 12, 2016
Minnesota
You will hear both sides of this one and there are reasons for both. If you have a great team that girls love to play on I hope you can keep it together. It might be tough with that many younger girls. Odds are that others are thinking the same thing. My DD is playing up in 18U this year and it will be fine for her.

Mar 24, 2014
My DD's all played up and never had any issues. When emailing coaches they informed the coaches why they chose to play up. We had two choices, either move up and play regionally (our state as surrounding states) or play at current age group and find a team that traveled much further, like coast to coast. We chose to play up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dd2k13