Players congratulating each other on great plays?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 22, 2010
I think the coach is basically right, great plays are expected when you have high standards. You should make it look to the other team like you do this all the time, not like it was some lucky fluke.

Some umps will also prohibit any little congratulatory get togethers in timed games, esp. in national tourneys, as it consumes game time. Often IF girls do gather at pitchers after each out, toss ball to each other and then to P, slap hands and head back to spots, but I got to agree with the umps, it does waste precious time. Over the course of a game if each side is allowed to do it on the first 2 outs, that will add up to several minutes of time. It could change the outcome of a game...

Yeah I've seen alot of teams do that. I think it looks pretty cool but it does waste time. Our team doesn't do that. And I do see the coaches point to a certain extent that we do need make it look to the other team like we are just that good all the time. But I just think they are being little girls and need to keep that enthusiasm for the game. Our coach is in his 50's and does things the old school way. And 99 percent of the time I agree with him. I just think sometimes he forgets how old these girls are. Sometimes at practice we have to say-uh we still have to do homework, showers, supper, and get in bed at a reasonable hour. :rolleyes:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan