pitching mats?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 3, 2009
i missed your post i was editing my other one,,

i think i am going to order one of these, i will call them first to make sure, i do not want a cheap, thin piece, i understand your feet need to be in different locations, i some what think they need to get direction in the beginning, just my thought, advanced then not necessary

tkanks

i had seen some of those posts also on the belts etc,

We purchased the Jenny Finch pitching mat for our daughter 2 years ago - it has the power line, pitching rubber, and lines on either side of the mat to show the pitching lane. She uses it in our high school gym for winter pitching. It was pricey, but there are mats ranging from $95 - $249 dollars. You could Google "Jenny Finch Pitching Mats" and there are several places that sell them online. That's how we purchased ours and we are extremely satisfied with the mat. My daughter likes the power line - never seemed to distract her or cause problems when throwing different pitches. The mat stays firmly in place when she uses it on a gym floor. She has only use athletic shoes on the mat, no cleats. I believe there are other companies who make these types of mats that are less expensive. Not sure if they are the same thickness or quality - I have no idea.

1fingeredknuckler

TOUCH EM ALL
May 27, 2010
WISCONSIN
thanks

i have been looking at them another of my grand daughters GD, i think she had one like Jennie's, we were in the gym tonight, may not need it quite yet, but next year for sure
tks

Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA
The Jenny Finch mat is pretty much identical to the one I bought from allturfmats, but has a stickier rubberized surface. I'd say the allturfmats model is thicker/more substantial and cost about $50 less.

But hey, it doesn't have Jenny's signature molded into the pitching plate. That has to be worth something. :)

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
I changed my mind on mats after I watched MA pitch with a mat that they used out side, in perfect weather, because they was playing in a MLB stadium.(She Won) I like my new approach...It don't really matter what you use. I figured it out when we were out in grass for warm ups before games behind the dugouts. Kept me from tearing up the yard by putting in a circle. The warm up before going in is the most important, and it threw her off at first, until I started having her practice in the grass all the time.
Here is my new approach... DDM would rather have us have hitting practice "in the house", than tear up yard... :{)) I like pushin off one crack, and scaling the drop over to the other side of the other side of the concrete. No grass to wear out...just neighbor's cars to worry about...them worring, not me :{))

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 29, 2011
The Jenny Finch mat is pretty much identical to the one I bought from allturfmats, but has a stickier rubberized surface. I'd say the allturfmats model is thicker/more substantial and cost about $50 less.

But hey, it doesn't have Jenny's signature molded into the pitching plate. That has to be worth something. :)

which has the stickier backing?

1fingeredknuckler

TOUCH EM ALL
May 27, 2010
WISCONSIN
I CAN not open this link that is to show an image?

I changed my mind on mats after I watched MA pitch with a mat that they used out side, in perfect weather, because they was playing in a MLB stadium.(She Won) I like my new approach...It don't really matter what you use. I figured it out when we were out in grass for warm ups before games behind the dugouts. Kept me from tearing up the yard by putting in a circle. The warm up before going in is the most important, and it threw her off at first, until I started having her practice in the grass all the time.
Here is my new approach... DDM would rather have us have hitting practice "in the house", than tear up yard... :{)) I like pushin off one crack, and scaling the drop over to the other side of the other side of the concrete. No grass to wear out...just neighbor's cars to worry about...them worring, not me :{))

I CAN not open this link not sure what it is?

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 17, 2011
I got a large piece of astro turf from a football field when Marshall replaced their turf a few years ago. Works perfect and $0.

1fingeredknuckler

TOUCH EM ALL
May 27, 2010
WISCONSIN
I have an extra plate and i found a piece of like commercial carpet,i had, going to glue that together and try it until i get a 3 x10, maybe, i'll have 2 then

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NightOwl