Petition to NCAA prez re: early verbals

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
Maybe parents should open their eyes and see that having little Suzy decide in 7th grade is ridiculous. I didn't need the NCAA to tell me how to raise my children and no one else should depend on that either.

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
Not sure what the NCAA can do about it. You can make it against the rules for coaches and players to use the term 'verbal commitment,' but they'd call it something else. There would be ways of communicating that message - ''I will have a scholarship waiting for you'' and "Great, I plan to sign it some day'' - without coming right out and saying it. Unless you don't allow players to be recruited until they are older, meaning you can't talk to them at camps, or through a third party, etc.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Let them sign the NLI as a Sophomore. If Big Time U wants little Suzy then "Show Me The Money!" As long as the school has no skin in the game why would they act any different?

Sep 24, 2013
Midwest
Reality is the coach that recruited her probably wont be at the school then AND if someone better comes along they'll replace the early verbal with the better talent. If you look real close the real early verbals dont always go to the school or stay at the school they verballed to.

Players in all sports are changing their minds last minute after years of "verbal"...schools are too. Its been in the news quite a bit.

May 30, 2013
Binghamton, NY
I agree with the sentiment,
but maybe the petition Author should correct all of those grammatical errors,
so folks will take it seriously?

Jun 19, 2013

You weren't joking. I would never sign something that was that poorly written. That looks like it might have been written by the same person who does those emails telling me I've got 1,000,000 pounds in a bank in Africa ready for me to claim.

Nov 6, 2013
Baja, AZ

Thanks, I feel the same. I started reading the preview and saw a w/w. I didn't open it to read the rest. I thought to myself, "I'm not signing that, it's unprofessional."

Jun 12, 2015
I was going to say this but I get accused of being a grammar Nazi so I kept it to myself. I didn't finish reading it either. If grammar isn't your strong suit, get someone to proofread your petition at least.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dd2k13