Parent Hacks Needed: How in tarnation do you...?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta, GA
OK, DD has one of those 1/2 gallon Coleman thermoses she takes everywhere. She's had it for a couple of years and it's looking pretty, uh, gross. Can't put it in the dishwasher, but we've been unable to find any way to get it really clean. Have scrubbed it, soaked it, etc..., but it still looks really sketchy. Anyone got any hacks to clean it? Don't want to buy a new one, but it's just nasty to look at.

Similar to this, but purple:

https://jet.com/product/detail/6066...d=403-802398&gclid=CNGIot3AscoCFYU2gQodjRQFQA

Jun 11, 2012
Honestly I'd just buy a new one. Plastic breaks down over time and chances are you will never be able to get it totally clean without using some kind of cleaner that shouldn't be used on a thermos

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Simple Green degreaser full strength and a stiff brush. Then a second application with a stiff toothbrush to get into all the crevices. Simple Green is Biodegradable and non-toxic. I use it on my coolers every spring since I have to leave them outside under the trees during winter. It works well although it takes some time. You can find it at any automotive parts store or Wally World as a general rule.

ETA: It also works well in conjunction with Oxyclean on white uniform pants. Use it as your typical stain remover by spraying it directly on the dirt/clay stains.

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2015
I sell Tupperware and both my girls use their water tumbler. Easy to clean, no spill and I believe they hold 36 ounces.41VWBIAvtsL._SS350_.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd