Padded "catcher's shorts" - is there such a thing?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 3, 2009
Padded catcher's shorts.... My dd swears up and down that these things exist. Now, I've found them in an adult woman's size but that's it. I've found youth boy's catchers shorts with a pocket for a cup. I would think that there would be a female youth version, something with some dense neoprene or some other material in the pelvic area? As you can guess, my dd has taken a few fouls down below and is wanting me to find some. She's in 12u so looking for youth sizes. Anyone know of anything? Thanks in advance.

Sep 3, 2009
That looks good, but doesn't seem like it's flexible. Comfort is going to be a factor, remember, we're dealing with an 11 yo here... think "mood swings" :p

I was seriously looking at getting these..
Shock Doctor Youth Catchers Sliding Short | Softball.com
And cutting a piece of neoprene or some other type of dense foam material to put in the pocket. I just find it hard to believe that nothing specific is made for the girls...

Dec 15, 2009
i am a 14 year old catcher and i have a couple of pairs of the shorts that Daddy O is promoting. they are ok. not my favorite but my favorite pairs are discontinued. but this pair is a great 2nd

Nov 12, 2009
Kansas City
May 7, 2008
Tucson
Those look good. How is the sizing? I am not humongous, but sometimes XL is actually about a medium.

I didn't know they made these, but I need them for all the beginning pitchers that I catch.

Although, it doesn't take my breath away, I have seen some dads almost pass out just seeing me get hit in the crotch. I keep telling them that I am female, but they still sort of cringe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WYOwiseguy