Overthrown ball award

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 4, 2014
05-23-14 Re: 2014 Umpire Manual, ASA Softball Rule 8 G Effect, page 91. The "Blocked" part of the rule I see. The "Overthrown" ball part I fail to see. This says nothing about the ball going out of live ball territory. What am I missing?

Jun 20, 2012
SoCal
I think you're missing that, by definition, an "overthrown" ball is one that has either been thrown into dead ball territory or has become blocked. So 8-5-G-EFFECT is what applies to a ball thrown into dead ball territory or has become blocked. The exception you see for a blocked ball applies only to when the ball becomes blocked by offensive equipment not involved in the game. The definitions can be found in Rule 1. This specific definition is on page 29.

May 4, 2014
I think you're missing that, by definition, an "overthrown" ball is one that has either been thrown into dead ball territory or has become blocked. So 8-5-G-EFFECT is what applies to a ball thrown into dead ball territory or has become blocked. The exception you see for a blocked ball applies only to when the ball becomes blocked by offensive equipment not involved in the game. The definitions can be found in Rule 1. This specific definition is on page 29.

05-25-14 Thank you! Normally, I look at the definitions but did not in this case. Makes much more sense now.

Sep 2, 2013
Not a bad idea for the trophy, I got a player that could throw one throw a goal post at 100 yards :). Love this Game :)
. Would the Trophy have a coach crying and beating his fist on the grown, or swift kicking her dearie
:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kstitz44