New IR drill

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 21, 2008
Our instructor pitched in college, got certified with Tincher. And she follows much of his guidance, but of course has her own style and experience. We can video lessons all we want. I don't think there are secrets, I just think a lot of us parents don't know answers to a lot of things people ask us about the Tincher Method.

This is why there is people who think something was invented by Mr. Tincher. Whether that's a fair idea or not, you be the judge. I'm just saying that I go out of my way to correct people when they Incorrectly say something about my "style". I do not teach a style, and nothing I teach anyone is what I invented. And that's not suggesting that anyone is suggesting they (Tincher coaches) invented anything but I try to make it a point to make that clear. Maybe Mr. Tincher does too, I don't know. But, I absolutely don't want people saying "Hillhouse method" anything.

Nov 22, 2019
This is why there is people who think something was invented by Mr. Tincher. Whether that's a fair idea or not, you be the judge. I'm just saying that I go out of my way to correct people when they Incorrectly say something about my "style". I do not teach a style, and nothing I teach anyone is what I invented. And that's not suggesting that anyone is suggesting they (Tincher coaches) invented anything but I try to make it a point to make that clear. Maybe Mr. Tincher does too, I don't know. But, I absolutely don't want people saying "Hillhouse method" anything.

I just "interviewed" a Tincher coach, and they referenced Hillhouse.

Oct 4, 2018

He does sell some really innovative products, like:

balls
buckets
string

Nov 22, 2019
REALLY?? How? My handsome looks? My unparalleled humor? My generosity? My political beliefs? My search for the real killers for OJ and Carol Baskin's first husband?

They said if you're familiar with Hillhouse, and then I think talked about the biomechanics of throwing overhand vs underhand.

Mar 28, 2014
REALLY?? How? My handsome looks? My unparalleled humor? My generosity? My political beliefs? My search for the real killers for OJ and Carol Baskin's first husband?
Oh my, Tincher and Hillhouse mentioned in the same breath! I see a joint venture in the future.......

TinchHouse Certification.

:)

Aug 21, 2008
They said if you're familiar with Hillhouse, and then I think talked about the biomechanics of throwing overhand vs underhand.

Odd that they'd say that, I've never met Mr. Tincher or any of his coaches that I'm aware of. Perhaps they've based that off YouTube stuff.

Nov 30, 2018
Marikina, Philippines
Those pics of Ueno and Abbott look more closed than 45 degrees to me. Ueno specifically points her stride toe directly to the catcher which will close the hips moreso than landing at 45.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is a slow-motion video of 5 Ueno pitches while facing Australia or Netherlands (can't remember) at the World Championships, 2015, in the first game in Haarlem, Netherlands. Ueno started out at 72-75mph, but after an all too frequent injury, finished beating the US for the Gold Medal at about 62mph. How? Guile!

(216) Ueno Netherlands - YouTube

These are some pictures of Ueno in Holland in 2015 at the World Championships and the next to last photo in Surrey, BC at the Canada Cup. She beat the US twice in Holland. I can remember the Canada Cup games. She is throwing a drop and a curve.

Attachments

• Ueno.jpg
    Ueno.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 36
  • Japanese pitcher.jpg
    Japanese pitcher.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 37
  • 11347714044.jpg
    11347714044.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 36
  • Ueno.jpg
    Ueno.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
Am I the only one who doesn't know who this "Wasserman" is? Or the "footdoctor"? Is Footdoctor a real name or is that something else? I truly don't know, I'm not trying to be funny.
Bill, they are just like you.

When I got Into the sport and had a pitcher dd, I found a PC with a name and a resume that I liked. His name was Hillhouse and he had videos and experience so we came to Dallas a few times and we liked what we learned. Esia, Wasserman and Tincher have found a market for their product the same way. It’s seems solid in the material and follows many of the mechanics discussed here. I’m a big fan of Wasserman for overhand throwing mechanics.
(just wanted to clarify. I’m still on page 4)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad